Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Kaikoura, New Zealand.

Kaikoura - its a gorgeous town by the sea with the backdrop of the snowy mountains.


Kairkoura is the place to go for whale watching - you even get 80% of your money back from your tour if you don't see any whales. However, we decided not to take up this opportunity due to lack of funds. Budgeting is never fun. Kaikoura is also famous for its crayfish (in Maori 'kai' means food and 'koura' means crayfish). I was shocked when I saw a specimen - the creatures that are pulled out of the sea are a lot larger than the freshwater ones we get sprinkled over our salads. I had to try some before I left Kaikoura.

Kaikoura Seafood BBQ. Cheap, fresh seafood.


Eating a crayfish fritter sandwich - yummy!


Bird watching is free... Anyone know what this bird is called? It made me look twice!

No comments: