Thursday, May 24, 2007

Hoi An, Vietnam

We planned to spend a couple of days in Hoi An. It quickly became double that... Hoi An is famous for its tailored clothes and shoes. Over the space of four days we shopped, shopped, and shopped, stopping only to eat and sleep!

Hoi An


In hindsight we spent far too much time and money here. We just got so swept up in the moment of it all! I bought:

- 5 suits (not all for me!)
- 12 shirts (again not all for me...)
- 2 trousers
- 3 dresses
- 1 winter coat
- 2 pairs of shoes
- 1 pair of boots

One of the shirts that I had made was too small. After two fittings in the shop, it was still too tight. They put me on the back of a motorbike and drove me direct to the tailors. When we arrived we walked into a small room with one woman and about six young girls. They saw the shirt on me, and about four of them fussed over this shirt, refitting it another two times. This really didn't sit right with me at all, since I was only paying 5 pounds for this shirt.

No comments: